Air purification is essential across the global supply chain.
In growhouses, botrytis and powdery mildew can wipe out entire harvests.
- Airborne diseases such as powdery mildew and botrytis decrease plant growth, yields, and quality, and have the potential to wipe out entire grows.
- Indoor facilities are especially vulnerable when cannabis plants are budding. Airborne spores easily attach to the bud’s trichome resin and infect the cannabis flower.
- Because of latency periods longer than two weeks, the early stages of both powdery mildew and botrytis are difficult to diagnose. That gives the disease a minimum of two weeks to spread before a problem is evident, which is why continuous air cleaning is recommended.
The Bluezone Model 420, designed for grow facility, greenhouse and dispensary applications, reduces airborne mold and odors via oxidation and UV irradiation. For more information on this model, please visit our product page.
During mixed load transport, rising ethylene levels cause overripening and decay.
- Ethylene is a naturally occurring plant hormone that promotes ripening in fresh fruits and vegetables. Without air purification, ethylene can cause huge losses during mixed load transport due to overripening.
- Some FF&V are more ethylene sensitive and therefore ripen or damage quicker than other FF&V. Storing ethylene producing crops with ethylene sensitive crops can be difficult and sometimes unachievable without an air purification solution.
The Bluezone Model 2400 was developed specifically for the destruction of ethylene in Army FF&V shipping containers sent to troops overseas. For more information on the Model 2400, please visit our product page.
In refrigeration units, mold, bacteria, and VOCs spoil produce and promote flavor transfer.
- When uncontrolled, ethylene, a naturally occurring plant hormone that promotes ripening, builds up in enclosed refrigeration units. High levels of ethylene significantly shorten the life cycle of FF&V, causing produce loss and diminished quality.
- Mold and bacteria grow in refrigeration environments, threatening storage contents with infection and decay.
- Without air purification, flavor transfer occurs between nearby foods. Pungent foods release VOCs (volatile organic compounds) that react with nearby products, causing unpleasant transfers of flavor.
The Bluezone Model 300, designed for walk-in coolers, and the Reach-in Refrigerator Model, are designed to keep refrigeration environments free of damaging contaminants. For more information on these models, please visit our product page.